Friday, September 2, 2011

Erik Morales vs Matthysse Fight Video

Play Video Play Video
Mexican legend Erik Morales will fight Lucas Matthysse on Sept. 17. Many are excited to watch the video of a potential barn burner fight. Being the last man to beat Manny Pacquiao, Morales is one of five Mexican fighters to have earned title belts in three divisions and his name in the boxing history books is already secured.

But during a national conference call on Wednesday to promote his upcoming clash with hard-punching Lucas Matthysse, the aging fighter found himself defending his right to be in such a high-profile matchup.

"People always say, 'Oh, Erik Morales is old,' and I hear it," said Morales, speaking through a translator. "The one thing that’s true is that when you do things right and you don’t cut corners, things come out [well.] The result is there and you’ll see it Sept. 17." Morales-Matthysse was sanctioned as a title fight after the WBC stripped Tim Bradley (27-0, 11 knockouts) of its belt.

The eventual winner of Morales-Matthysse will likely face WBA and IBF titleholder Amir Khan (26-1, 18 KOs) in December. Khan, Morales and Matthysse are all managed by Golden Boy Promotions. Morales (51-7, 35 KOs) is trying to become become the first Mexican to win a title in a fourth weight division. "I think that it's OK that they [WBC officials] are giving me this opportunity because of my past, and my history and my past fights. I think think that it's a valid [decision,]" said Morales, 34.

"The odds were 7 to 1 against me, and everybody thought that I was going to get smashed and walked over," said Morales. "But I was always motivated, and I always knew in my mind what I had to do to win it." Against Matthysse, however, Morales plans to pick up where he left off against Maidana.

"We've always liked challenges. We've always liked difficult fights. That's the reason the Matthysse fight was decided on. He's a very strong, very formidable opponent," said Morales. "You know, people have always thought that they're going to finish me and end my career and knock me out. But that's what gives me the hunger, the strength and the motivation to prove them wrong."

keywords: fight video, morales vs matthysse

No comments:

Post a Comment